Thursday, December 10, 2009

Don't EVER buy ATI/Radeon Video Cards

My PC has been crashing and I had no idea why. I feel like I just gave my computer a heart surgery because there was so much dust inside. I spent 2 days cleaning all of it. Some fans were cluttered with dust up to 80%! I took the entire tower apart and put it back together. After finishing this project (thank God I don't work), it STILL froze on me DESPITE THE FACT THAT I BOUGHT NEW AND BETTER SPEED FROM EBAY!

now the GOOD thing is I believe I figured out what is wrong with my computer.


Problem 1: ATI Radeon Video Card

Problem 2: Old WIndows XP that had so much junk on it I couldn't even run an anti-virus scan all the way through.

Problem 3: Dust


So I purchased a brand new Radeon card for $100 that is TOP NOTCH. I mean this card is one of the best on the market for my system. Got it this week, installed it, and it would give me more problems. First it wouldn't even show the screen when I turn the PC on, then somehow I managed to make it work only ONCE, tried WoW which worked on Medium settings, tried it on High and it crashed. And then it would give me blank screen when I restarted the computer.

ATI/RADEON CARDS ARE A PIECE OF JUNK! So don't ever waste your money on them! If it has either ATI or Radeon label on it, look the other way.

This is my 3rd purchase from ATI product and my LAST! FUCK YOU RADEON FOR PUTTING ME THROUGH ALL THIS SHIT. I HOPE YOU ALL GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY ON YOUR GAY PRODUCTS THAT DON'T WORK FOR SHIT!


I'm running my old ATI Radeon 9500 pro atm, but can't play any games on it because it overheats and the fan on it is broken. It even froze on me last night when I was blogging this (Firefox rules! it saved all my text). If my new GeForce card I'm getting soon works, I'll reinstall Windows, and treat my PC like it's my one and only son. Well, in a way it is... I watch TV on it, I play games on it, I check my mail on it, and I look for jobs on it. But that GeForce is nothing fancy though. It's slightly better then the card I'm running but if it works and can get me through another 6 months with this computer, then I'm happy.

No comments: