Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose -REVIEW-



This is the 2nd book that I started to read when my Internet was down, and boy am I glad to finish it. It has A LOT of great depth of the Ego, how it thinks, what it wants and says inside your mind, and mentions countless of other ways of realizing who is speaking-you or your Ego. The book mentions about the "chaos in the mind" that we all have as human beings. The paranoia that someone is out to get us, that somebody is out to betray us, that so and so person hurt me in the past so I will hate him forever and never forget what he did or come after him years down the line, etc.. Eckhart Tolle gives great examples of how many wars and evil this chaos has brought to the planet Earth.

A New Earth also has some great tips on how to be HERE and NOW instead of always thinking about tomorrow, next week, or fantasying that someday, a year from now, we will finally get our break. When that break that we are always hoping for, and dreaming about will always remain in the future; and it will never come if we don't start focusing on the present moment because the present moment IS the future if you really think about it.

But I gotta warn you. This book is NOT an easy read. It has a lot of depth, and a lot to think about. It has helped me with my anxiety about worrying about events in the future, even if they are 10 mins away. And it is very rarely when a book helps me reprogram like this.

At the end there is even a chapter about people like me-those who are passive, not ambitious, and are very inwardly. Eckhart Tolle calls us "The Frequency Holders", and says we effect the world more deeply then it appears on the outer surface. I feel honored because I always looked at myself as someone who is insignificant and will never make any difference like all the Alpha "hey, hey, hey" dudes. Oh well, whatever..

Great book! 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i havent read this one yet, but his Power Of Now book changed my life. it has a very simple concept. you cant control the past and future, so you should spend as little time thinking about it as possible. life is a series of present moments, so he suggests the concept of 'time' is not important.

SP said...

funny. I just rented that book from the library.