Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day *REVIEW*


Okay, so I decided every album I download I must review it as a way for me to pay back something to the creator. I haven't downloaded an album in over a year because I don't want to steal someone's creation but until I find a stable J.O.B. I just can't spend my money on music or anything for pleasure. I need to get stability first. But since I just got this album (props to Trojanman), I'm gonna review it. My reviews will be short and to the point. I have a unique taste so I don't expect people to agree but here it goes.

1. In My Dreams (Cudder Anthem) - 2/5. An "okay" intro. Common does his poem at the end which is cool.

2. Soundtrack 2 My Life - 3/5. Cool song. He keeps talking about his mission here on Earth but I'm not sure what he's referring to.

3. Simple As... - 3/5. Catchy beat. I like it.

4. Solo Dolo (nightmare) - 2/5. Sorry Cudi but you CAN'T SING! lol

5. Heart Of A Lion (Kid Cudi Theme Music) - 4/5. I like this song enough to replay it again. Really nice beat.

6. My World - 5/5. My favorite song. I relate to this 100% when he talks about having no one to hang with but your closest friends/peoples you know. Being alone, having low self-esteem, women problems, etc.. I'm really surprised Trojanman hates on this dude so much. This song made me gain respect for him at how similar we are. I love the hook, the beat, the lyrics, and everything about this song. It is THE best song on the album to me.

7. Day 'N' Nite (nightmare) - 5/5. Love this! Relate on being alone and being stuck in a place feeling like I'll never get out of my predicament. I was thinking about this too and MANY people are like this, not just me. Some of them are stuck selling drugs or doing bad things because they don't know how to get themselves out of the life they got into.

8. Sky Might Fall - 2/5.

9. Enter Galactic (Love Connection Part I) - 3/5. Takes a few spins to start liking this song.

10. Alive (nightmare) - 4/5. Talking about the moon's effect on him and us as humans/animals. I totally relate. I'm a night person and feel more energized at night compared to during the day.

11. Cudi Zone - 4/5. Nice song. I like it. Will mos def replay it again.

12. Make Her Say - 4/5. I love the song minus the biting on Common's part. STOP BITING YOU RAPPERS MAKE ME SICK! I don't care if you bit Chingy on "hotel, motel, holiday Inn", Rakim, or Jamie Foxx. Pathetic.

13. Pursuit Of Happiness (nightmare) - 2/5. It's okay.

14. Hyyerr - 2/5.

15. Up Up & Away - 2/5. Maybe I'll like it more after a few spins. *shrugs*


Overall - 3/5


Not a bad album at all.

6 comments:

Paz said...

i'm SURPRISED that you, last time i remember you were telling me to STAY positive and to not listen to negative, depressing music and gangsta rap, like this suicide note album. to be completely honest with you, you may already know that i don't like the album BUT my homeboys, brother and me played this album on labor day and OHHHHH... man, when we heard the first two tracks.. we were like WTF??? not like this shit is weird but we were like dayum... is dude that depressed???? and when the third track came on with the first three letters of the alphabet being sampled from some fucking kids book.. we TURNED that shit off. yeah, that shits in my zune and i play the tracks i like from it BUT no way in hell.. can i see myself listening to this album without feeling like killing myself or being disgusted. kid cudi is WHAT'S wrong with hip hop.

SP said...

I know why you hate on everything and especially people like yourself (i.e. Kid Cudi). it's your ego. your EGO is so big, that there is no arguing with you. this kid seems suicidal to you yet all you ever do is talk about suicidal shit on your blog and complain about how much your life sucks. this kid expresses his struggles about his loneliness and his low self-esteem yet all you ever do is complain about the same thing. and he is wack to you? LoL. I guess he is wack in your eyes for being like you yet you refuse to change for the better. I would expect you to give props to people like yourself but you manage to hate even on them.

it's funny cuz you have so many issues you need to be working on and you're putting all of your energy into HATING on everything and everyone. thats where your mind, your focus, and your EGO lies-hate. 10 years from now do you think you'll be happy or even healthy? hate in your heart and in your soul on damn near everything.

kinda sad but it's your own choice.

Paz said...

dude... i look at it the other way around. he's a GIMMICK. for real... have you seen his interview that he did the other time when he came out of his short lived retirement all getting cocky and feeling himself talking about "don't critique me, b". for real... you gotta understand something about these half assed artists these days. they're NOT humble. a lot of them are just gimmicks that are trying to capitalize off of being different in a music world that is full of clones. dayum.. the ONLY time they ever get props from me is if they make good music. that's it. i don't give a fuck about kid cudi trying to be in my shoes because he's NOT and he's NOT in your shoes either. if anything, he's prolly reading our blogs laughing at us trying to come up with another idea for his album. watch who you ride behind, fam. some of these people are FRAUDS and nothing but... you know what i'm saying.. he was HIGH when he made that shit too. you think he'd make the same type of music if he wasn't stoned?

and i wouldn't say i have an ego. i just see through a LOT of bullshit and he just happens to be a part of the bullshit.

to me, a REAL depressed dude would just keep it trill. he ain't trying to be a fucking gimmick. funny how kid cudi was supposed to be a rapper and somehow.. he turns out to be some emo shit. that's a GIMMICK right there fam. can't you see it?

SP said...

I don't know. it's hard for me to spot peoples' lies and whether or not they are frauds. But I mean yeah, I would agree with you IF you didnt hate on everything. Ego loves to hate and complain. It comes in all forms not just being like kanye west. If you see a fine girl but you never talk to her because you scared thats your ego. You making excuses of why you cant say nothing and then complain after wards=ego. Complaining on your blog, being negative, hating, and then feeling better as a result=PURE EGO.

and I didnt see any of his interviews btw so I cant say nothing about that part.

Paz said...

well.. if you think so BUT yo.. i'm just warning you though. to me, i have a HUGE problem with kid cudi off the strength that people are saying he's a rapper when he's NOT rapping. you dig? to me, i love hip hop. hip hop to me is a dayum voice. i may not make a living off of it but hey.. that's my shit. when you got dudes like kid cudi trying to RAG on the hip hop community and literally change the whole entire CULTURE.. a culture that people have DIED over, been incarcerated for life, shit that feeds people, shit that actually got barrack obama into the white house fam and you try to literally fuck it up for YOUR benefit and only your own and these silly kids too ignorant to see it, then that's a problem.

and NO i don't have an ego. hey.. yeah, i'm negative and complain but that's ME. i am who i am. at the end of the day, i can be my damn self at my OWN cost. i don't pull anybody down BUT myself, ya dig. some people HATE me for being me, some people LOVE me for being me, that's ME. but i ain't gonna lie to you though.. if i see some shit that DOESN'T look right and doesn't smell right.. i'm gonna speak.

but watch, i bet you a year from now, you gonna be saying the same shit like WTF has hip hop come too and you gonna be cosigning my shit.

SP said...

I don't understand what you are saying.

1) i never said Cudi is some legend who is changing the game. i simply said his album is not a bad album like you think. that is my opinion so you know... you got yours and i got mine. plus i relate to cudi on some of the songs and know the things he been through cuz we are similar.

2) i dont know why you think hes changing the game but reality check. HE IS NOT! aint shit about him is so special imo. if he thinks otherwise good for him. he can hype himself up until aliens take over earth. i personally dont care.

3) EVERY HUMAN BEING HAS AN EGO. whether he is the president, or an astronauts, or a rapper, or a magician, we all have egos. this is how we are built. there is however a minority of human beings on this planet who have mastered themselves and have connected to their true self, higher self, spiritual self (whatever term you wanna use). those people are Meditating Masters. why do you think i been so serious with meditation? I mean i can barely get into it in this nut house but i'm really trying and i'm really yearning.

if you dont believe me on the #3 then go research it and get back to me after you found some information cuz i really dont wanna argue with you as i said before. every person on the planet has an Ego, including people like Jesus and Buddha who were known to master their "higher" self and understood the suffering that each individuals' EGO puts him through. why do you think they had such a HUGE following? people want to know the secret of the Universe on how to stop the process of the Ego from suffering and go towards the freedom and happiness. The prison that we're all in can be broken down. The emotions that we feel can be controlled. Meditation is one of the tools that can make that happen but it takes a lot of TIME. most people want things RIGHT NOW especially in this country. if they cant get it NOW they dont want it at all.

And that is why, my friend, so many people are meditating. they too want to experience this "enlightenment" that Buddha, Jesus, and many others have experienced. That state of mind where you FEEL like every human you come in contact with is part of you and you are part of them. It's a different thing to know it then to actually feel it. Many of us feel inferior around certain folks or superior. When you master yourself all of that work of an Ego fades.