Tuesday, January 26, 2010

20 mins Meditations

so a few days ago I was playing with my I Ching and the answer I got was something like... "meditate every day to get rid of all the poison of the mind, even if it's just 10-15 minutes. that is the best way to be close to the sage." now.. there was lots of other stuff but point being, I really need to shorten my meditations. When I sit there for 30 mins it is almost torture for me. and as a result I start to day dream and go to places in my mind instead of trying to keep it on my breath. also, my legs get numb at the end from sitting and I just feel like it's a little too much for me sometimes. other times, I waste an hour just to get to meditation because it takes so much energy to actually sit down and start.

So, I'm shortening it to 20 minutes and am really really really gonna try to focus and be one with the Universe. did it last night and it felt awesome. Just knowing I don't have the whole 30 mins makes me try harder instead of being in my own lala land knowing I got tons of time in one sitting.

No comments: