Friday, May 8, 2015

Running in Circles

Story of my fucking life



Tinashe - Indigo Child


it's funny how one song could mean 100 different things to 100 different people. Some person who is into the whole new age is gonna listen to this and think 'wow! I am an indigo child too! I have special abilities' etc.. Whether or not that is true, that is what that person is gonna think. For me... I have been running in circles since I hit 18, the so called "age of independence" where many teens get kicked out of their homes in America. But I come from a different culture, and so my mom let me stay. And on top of that, she made all the decisions for me. She made decisions from anything like paying my rent, and supporting me, to what I would eat in the morning. It got so bad, that whenever I go to a grocery store, I don't even know what I want. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF A STORE FILLED WITH FOOD!!!

Running in circles. That's what I've been doing damn near all my life. I have improved tremendously, and I am grateful for that. But I have been stuck in this situation of not having anything of my own, I don't know how to break the cycle. This song just really resonated with me, at least part of it, and I just wanted to post it.

No comments: