So I gave this app a try since everyone is using it, and here are my thoughts on why this app is fucking GARBAGE! I have been using it since November 2014, and the ONLY good thing about it, is that you could play lots of different types of music all for $10 a month or whatever how much these fucks charge you.
Reasons Why Spotify SUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!
1) Cannot open a new tab. WTF!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!! if i click Command + N it just creates a new playlist. FUCK YOU!!!!!!! if say, you're listening to one album and you wanna put it on hold and play another, you have to search for it or go to your Music library sections like Albums, Artists, Local Files, (Btw, you could play local mp3s on your hard drive. can you say another iTunes clone? iTunes is the biggest piece of shit I have EVER seen. the player is garbage, and the app used to sync with iPhone makes it 10x more complicated), the album, and play it. if you wanna go back to your old, you have to click "back" button. WTF!?!!?!?! FUUUCKK YOUUUU!L!L!! I'm a multi-tasker, and this is why I could never go back to a PC Laptop. OSX is the master multi-tasking OS, and with 4 finger desktop swipes I can't even be bothered to use Windows 7 or 8. No multi-tasking option like adding ability to open new tab like in Chrome, like opening ANOTHER NEW SPOTIFY windows? YOU SUCK ASS!!!!!!!!!! Worse than Apple's business ethics.
2) unable to download songs locally within Albums. now don't for one second think that Spotify lets you download mp3 files. that's a big lie and misunderstanding. you could google it and people sign up for Spotify for that specific reason. Spotify lets you 'rent' music, that you DO NOT own. It lets you download music songs locally WITHIN THE APP. But once you uninstall the app, all your files would be gone. They are not individual mp3s, but just music you could play while you are OFFLINE.
You cannot download files being inside an Album you are in. YOU HAVE TO CREATE A PLAYLIST!!!!!! WTF!!?!!!?!?!? FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So if you have 100 albums in your library, you would have to create 100 playlists if you want them to be able to dl the music locally within the app. FUUUUUUCK YOU!!!!!!! I don't wanna create a playlist for EACH ALBUM I ALREADY HAVE IN MY LIBRARY! why do I gotta waste my time when your lazy asses could just add a 'download' button inside of albums in the library? fucking idiots.
3) can't copy/paste NOTHING! WTF!?!?!?!?!? FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want to copy and paste an artist or a song to google it or youtube it? you can't! FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT APP!!!
4) SONGS DONT EVEN SAY WHICH ARTISTS THEY ARE FEATURING! WTF!?!?!??!?!??!?!?! WE ARE IN 2015, AND YOU DON'T EVEN INCLUDE ARTISTS THAT ARE RAPPING OR SINGING ON A SONG????? GETTHAFUKOUTTAHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Edit* not sure if they added this feature now in 2015, but some of the newer songs seem to have featured artists. I really can't be bothered to go back to my older albums to check. but the format is still confusing. it says Song Name - Artist, instead of featuring Artist. HOT DAYMN, who hires the idiots behind this app?
5) there is no buttons to go 5 or 10 secs forward or backwards. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! the arrows on my macbook don't work. only works is skip track >> and previous track << and play/pause >|| buttons. nothing in the settings lets me edit the buttons for this option. youtube has it, netflix has, but noooo Spotify is special. they are too good and too pro of a player to add this feature. piece of garbage.
6) it's a piece of shit media player, just like iTunes. do you really think this player is anything special? it's the most basic bullshit i ever seen in a music player. how can a music player not include the 5 things on top and consider itself a music player? GETHEFUKOUTTAHERE!!!!
7) giving suggestions is useless. Spotify company fits in the same category as Apple, Blizzard Entertainment, or all the other HUMUNGUS corporations. Trying to have them hear your voice is like screaming at the top of your lungs into a wall. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. your suggestions will just go unnoticed and the company could give less fuck what you say.
Also, be very careful signing up with deals with these fucks. I did the .99 cents for 3 months deal and they put me on auto-recurring charges afterwards. So, they charged my PayPal automatically after the 3 month deal was up.
all in all, Spotify SUCKS! I have no clue why people would put up with all this crap that I listed above just to use this piece of shit app. I strongly suggest you cancel your membership, and save your money. There are other alternatives to this half assed 'music player' that can't even do the most basic functions in 2015; 2015 FFS!!!
I will try the Amazon Prime next and see how different that is. They have music AND movies you could stream, and on top of that give you 2 day shipping. I'll sign up for the 30 day free trial to check it out, as all of my co-workers are members.
FUCK SPOTIFY, AND FUCK ALL THE RETARDS BEHIND IT! a nutless monkey could do their job, with half a brain.