Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Red Corner MOVIE REVIEW

I want to talk about something really quick. It is about not standing up and facing the music. I'll use myself as an example.

All my life since I was a little kid I was always running away. I was running away from who I am. I was scared, but I would run away and deny it. I somewhat stood up for myself in a half assed way not understanding fear. But at the same time hating it and wishing it wasn't there. At some point when my family moved to America, I was 12, almost 13, I thought that this was my chance to completely escape. To run far away from all my problems and my past, and my fears. I envisioned a new life here in a new, unfamiliar, foreign land. I thought I would have an amazing future, an amazing fresh new start, and everything would be alright. Little did I know that when I came to this new land, all of my past that I was trying so hard to escape from manifested in different forms through different people. It all followed me here. And I found myself dealing with SAME EXACT THINGS! But this time, it was much worse. Not only did I not stand up for myself half assed, I had completely given up on facing my fears because of my 'run away' mentality. And things got even worse. My fear was so intense for 2 years straight, that at some point I have developed PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I won't go into details on how and why and when. But I will say this. This movie, Red Corner, is about that.

It's about breaking that patter that many of us, if not damn near all of us, are stuck in. The pattern of blocking out our own problems, our own flaws, and running away from them instead of standing up and FACING THE MUSIC! And when you finally stand up and face the music to break through your flaws, fears, and imperfections, it's as if your spirit transforms not only in this world, but in many other dimensions or planes of existences. And when you make that decision to finally break the pattern, the loop that you're stuck in, even if it means your own death, nothing will ever be the same again.

This is what Red Corner is about. For all the people who understand exactly what I am talking about, this movie is for you. 5/5 stars.


No comments: