Friday, April 1, 2011

Strangers w/ Candy: Season 2, Takers, 2001: A Space Odyssey REVIEWS

Strangers w/ Candy: Season 2 - solid season. very funny, just not as good as the first one. 4/5 stars.
















Takers - surprisingly good movie. I thought it was going to suck, but it had lots of twists and turns. Only was able to gues 1 scene, and overall a very nicely done action movie. 4/5 stars.















2001: A Space Odyssey - probably one of the most influential movies of our time. it amazed me how Kubrick created a movie in which a spaceship creates its own gravity, and NASA nor Russians have yet funds or technology to duplicate such brilliant idea over 40 years since the film's release. Anyway, this movie is about evolution of man. Many may not understand this movie at all, and find it puzzling, as I did the first time I seen it back in high school science class. But from what I've read, there is a rectangular prism that appears throughout the movie. Every time this object appears, man's consciousness expands, and an evolutionary process takes place. It is a long movie, and may be a little too slow for some. But like I said, probably one of the most influential ones of our time. NASA copied some space suit ideas in their fake moon landing mission(s) after watching this film. 5 out of 5 stars, even though I was going to give it 4.

No comments: