Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lucid Dreaming

Okay, so I wasn't going to post this but I promised myself that if I have my 3rd lucid dream I will make a post. So here it is.

Lucid dreaming has got to be one of the funnest things you could do in your life outside of your every day reality. A lucid dream is basically you 'waking up' in a dream you are having. Ever since I started recording my dreams in a journal, I noticed that my dreams are miles upon miles away. It's as if I am so far away from my body that I don't even realize where I am and what I am doing. That's beside the fact that I don't even realize that I'm dreaming, which is the most important part about most of our dreams; we do not know we are dreaming until we wake up.

I haven't wrote down anything in my dream journal in the last few weeks for reasons I will not state, but my very first Lucid Dream happened exactly 15 days after doing the exercises and keeping track of all my dreams in my journal. The 2nd lucid dream happened 21 days after that, and the 3rd was this Saturday (now that I think about it, it happened on 9/11 around 3am pacific time). I wasn't trying to lucid dream for months now, but it just happened.


What you need to do to start inducing lucid dreaming:

1) Dream journal to write all your dreams in every morning/night you wake up. I would highly suggest writing them down the second you wake up. But if you have a really hard time going back to sleep like me, then record them when you wake up in the morning.

2) Doing reality checks "am I dreaming?" > look at the back of your hands (videos below)

3) Telling yourself "I will induce a lucid dream", "I will have the most vivid lucid dream tonight", or anything of that nature. Create your own affirmation, and say it out loud before going to bed.


Watch these videos. They are very helpful




Ironically, this last lucid dream I had was after watching this video



I have also heard that if you meditate for prolong periods of time (1, 2, 3 years), you will start naturally to lucid dream. So, meditation could also improve your chances on inducing lucid dreams.

I'm not trying to lucid dream at the moment. The last just happened I don't know why exactly. And it was cool as hell! I was lucid for about 5 seconds before waking up, lol.

5 comments:

james said...

Lucid dreaming is the chief method for me to induce an out of body experience.

Lets just say... Its liberating.

SP said...

question for you James. I had an 'out of body experience' but when I woke up I wasn't sure if it was a dream or an OBE.

I had a bunch of dreams. then the scene changed and... I closed my eyes and began to see while floating above my body seeing a mattress below me. It felt REAL. It was so real I literally thought to myself "so this is it?" and it felt so... normal. i always thought that it would be a big deal, but it didnt feel like it. it lasted about 5 secs cuz i started thinking not to freak out and being back in my body. and the second i thought that i was back in and started dreaming again.

so was this an obe or just a dream? because 1) it felt real. i never had a dream that vivid where i remembered it so well, not even while lucid dreaming, 2) the mattress and the room were obviously in my dream, so how could this be real? is it possible to have obes in your dreams?

it was 2 months back, and i didnt even have a mattress back then and was sleeping on the floor.

and i'm just curious, how did you find my blog?

SP said...

okay. well, my sources say that it was a lucid dream. reason for such vividness is because of a vibratory shift that is occurring with 2012 on the way.

this means that I had a total of 5 lucid dreams so far. the 5th was a few days ago, actually.

James said...

Lucid dreams change by your will and observance Eventually you know the difference between unconscious dreaming lucid and obe.

The feelings and such being more vivid is you literally utilizing your energy body to sence and comprehend. Even a made up or manifested object of energy int he energy body feels real.

I used to play private wow servers too lol. some google search pointed to you and i read it.

So i hung around and within a few weeks you had this "awakening" so i blame the universe.


As for the sources. alot of folks like to think theres a difference between dreamy land and out of body land.


... prove it? Reality has resolution. your perception tunes into those frequency's it isn't like one room and another room. its all there right now at all times.

SP said...

I was always into this stuff, actually. I just didn't have time for it back when I was in college. I only read what was forced on me, and had no more energy to read anything else. so I spent my free time playing WoW to have fun.

I found out about Journey of Souls years ago, and was fascinated with all of the things it talked about after seeing the index page on amazon. But I only had time to read it last year http://libraliving.blogspot.com/2009/12/journey-of-souls-review.html It's interesting though, how the deeper I get into spirituality (starting with Meditation alone), the more tools, and information it brings me. Even though my life is a big joke, and a mess right now, I am grateful for all the things it brought me, and keeps bringing me.

and man.. that Wowscape post I made had the most replies on my entire blog to date, 177 and still counting. I never realized it would attract all the Wowscape players, considering I didn't tell that many people about it when I made it. but they just kept coming.