Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my shrink just became history

so after my last semester's session ended i wasn't even gonna get therapy anymore until my mom's b/f found out about this other department. it's basically a bunch of students training to become shrinks and i said sure why not. then it turns out the guy is quiet when i started seeing him and makes me uncomfortable. he'd repeat the same shit over and over like "how did that make you feel" and fills in empty awkward silences with weird shit that he already said. i was like ok but then i was like i dont even need therapy. aint no way this guy can help me seems like im teaching him more then hes teaching me and i dont wanna use therapy as a crutch. so last time i was like ok dude i'm not feeling this and i dont think i need therapy he kept pressing it how he wanna help me to go through this and blah blah. i told him i got Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and he cant help with with it, but only i can help myself. maybe meditation will help me but that takes years and i gotta stand on my own two feet and get settled with my life before i get therapy. so he was like ok im gonna research PTSD and see you next week.

so today he got me some info and i was like thanks. this was the last session, but he still told me he'll leave the spot open for me for the remainder of the semester and hopefully he'll see me next week.

i'm just gonna try to be more closer to the 2 friends i got cuz i barely call them or make plans with them. i really feel like that's the best therapy i can get as of now.

1 comment:

Paz said...

what happened to you that caused your ptsd???