Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mission 1: Eye contact & 'How you doing?'

Ok, this is gonna contribute to my development, which starts today.

Eye contact & 'How you doing?':
  • say "How you doing?" to all types of women everywhere i go, be they ugly, fat, obese, black, white, pretty, or whatever (ok except maybe smelly). I was thinking setting my goal to 10 women a day but ill just leave that open for now cuz some days i may stay home and i dont wanna go out just to do this mission, done that before and i think its retarded. Maybe ill create goals instead, to go out and shop, or to go out and attend events and do this along the way. make eye contact as i'm asking this question, or a moment afterwards. this is important!
  • think positive! do this before even the first step. negative thinking would be 'what if she acts rude?', 'what if she acts like a total bitch?', 'what if she snears at me, look me up and down and go psssssssstttttt?'. i must get that negative bullshit out of my head. instead think about how i'm setting goals for myself and i'm doing this for ME. it will improve my social life as well as give me confidence in my social interactions.
  • observe her body language. the whole point is focusing on how she responds. is she looking back at me? is she staying silent, having an angry look, while looking at the floor? is she smiling saying "hi!"? this step is getting in tuned with her feelings and trying to pick up on her vibe. nothing more.
  • come and post about it on my blog. write whatever i thought of all the women's reactions, what i picked up from their conscious and subconscious body language.
  • optional - if her reaction is positive follow with a compliment or whatever positive thought comes to mind. basically throwing positivity back at her. if i think shes fine say that, or if i like her hair cut or her nails say that. this is optional though, it's better i stick with the mission cuz i need to practice being in tuned with sent messages first before taking the next step.
Today:

1st girl - i was sitting in a hall waiting for my teacher. she was thick and big bonded. she smiled looking straight, said something back like "fine" i dont remember. she seemed very positive and was flattered i said hi. i kept looking but she wouldnt look back as she kept on walking.

2nd girl - she was non-responsive till i started talking to her. looked tired

3rd girl - i came up to her asked her about tattoos actually, and then after she answered she started puttuing an ear piece back in her ear sort of being unsure 'is he finished?'. she was smiling though, but i still dont know if she was interested in talking to me or was just being nice. damn im really bad at this stuff, i think i need practice.

4th girl - i just said hi and she smiled. she was old like maybe about 50

5th girl - she looked at me said "fine" and smiled showing her teeth, then looked away. see i dont know if women are just nice who do this or they saying "oh, hey. youre cute, come talk to me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you kid, but the thing you gotta remember when talking to these girls at first is to be comfortable and calm.

I know it sounds cliche as fuck, but just "go with the flow", don't try to force anything. If you can, try to make her laugh too , cos whenever she sees you she'll remember the laughter she had and will probably be more inclined to hang out with you or w/e

and if for some reason a girl rejects you or you feel that she did, I find it best to just ignore her and think about how many other girls there are in the world that you could be chilling with..

and I'm sure you already know this but if you're wondering whether or not a girl wants you to talk to her, just look @ her body language if she gives the signs that shes attracted to you, then thats basically the signal to BAG IT UP :)

good luck to you man, give us an update when you make some progress

;)

itskrissy said...

I should try this...