Monday, August 24, 2009

Hollywood Blvd.

I had an interview today right there on Hollywood. paid $8 for parking which is all day and was like FUCK THAT! may as well check out the spot.

its about 10-15 blocks of stores, theaters, and shops that all focus on celebrities and movie stars, singers, and famous people. so many stars embedded in the side walk it's not even worth looking at them cuz youll miss everything else around you.

I saw the famous Chinese theater. The sidewalk for it was blocked. It's weird because this dude told me all the stars come to the premier at around 6 or 7 but it's blocked at like 4... it makes no sense but i guess it does. it's Hollywood, and they treat that sidewalk like it's sacred or something.

then when I walked all the way through it and started to walk back on the other side of the street, this homeless lady was like "sir, do you feel like you're part of the human race today?" and i was like... "not really..." I never feel like i'm part of the human race. should have told her that but I didn't wanna stand there and talking to her. She could've been a potential nut. Maybe she was knowingly from another planet. Who knows.. who cares...

Then this black guy Chuck was asking me for donations and I was like sorry dude I'm just here trying to find a job. Then turns out he is a truck driver and drives between NY and LA. after he found out where I was from he started to talk about diff neighborhoods there. Then I find out he knows all the hoods in NY (and everywhere I assume) and said Hunter's Point is like Beverly Hills compared to Hunt's Point in NY. I laughed and he went back to selling his donations.

It's a trip how some people like Chuck live this life and go everywhere in the World or at least the U.S., then they talk about their experiences. But people like me read, hear, or listen to life around them but never get involved in it. Like I've always been interested in hoods all across the World but America especially. I read about it, hear about it, watch movies, documentaries, SMACK DVD's and all that other shit i used to watch, but i never actually go there. Never experience it. I just observe and get immersed in it from the entertainment point of view. It's like a huge interest of mine that doesn't go beyond fantasy. It's all there, and I'm here wishing I was somehow connected to these areas in some sort of way. But I'm not. I'm just observing. Chuck though... that dude lives it, sees it, and then talks about it. It's crazy, but that's life for you. Life over there is like this and life over here is the total opposite. Sort of like the duality in this 3-Dimensional world. There is no good without bad, and so on and so forth...

I got me a lemonade there and some incents that I'm gonna burn tonight and hopefully meditate in this nut-house when things calm down. hopefully...

2 comments:

Paz said...

you should come out to ny one time.. you'll enjoy it. for real... nice to see you getting around la and enjoying that shit.

SP said...

true.. but I need to get settled in life. Hopefully land that job (and I have a good feeling about it too), and then get my own place. Then I'll worry about everything else.